Thursday, February 18, 2016

Simple Images

More fourth graders got a chance at printmaking today.  They did a great job and found this technique as much fun as I have.  It's pretty satisfying to draw out a simple design, print it up and get to see if your idea was worthwhile.  I enjoyed it as much as the kids did today.

A demo I did for the middle schoolers today
On a day like this one where I get home late and have little or no studio time, a little print like this has the potential to let me spend some creative energy and relax a bit before supper.  I may become a real printmaker yet.

Here are some of the pictures the kids did:




You know, the 7th graders might be a tough challenge, but the little guys make teaching art a good way to spend my days.  I'm going to survive.

Thanks for stopping by! Alice