Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Distant Trees

The distant trees are done.  If I monkey with them anymore, they'll be overdone- believe me, I'm an expert at overdone.  
Compared to the Fluid paper used for the lower piece, the Arches is so much easier to get subtle effects with.   Notice the different lighting conditions between this photo and the one below- artificial light above and sunlight below.

Compared to days when I can just stay in the studio and paint for hours, working an hour or two after I get home from my school day feels so slow, but progress is progress.  I'll take what I can get.

Today's progress.  I keep having to swat my own impatient little hands away from taking the mask off; can't wait to see the tree shapes with it gone. 
I'm looking forward to painting the water area.  Tackling water is a fairly new thing for me, but the more you paint something, the better you understand how to do it, right?  

Thanks for stopping by! Alice

No comments: