Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Oooh, Shiny!

In a thrift store in a small town in Arizona last month, I came upon this pitcher.  It caught my eye as soon as I walked in the door, but I decided I didn't really need it.  It would make a great prop for paintings and the reflections would be so fun to do, but I didn't want to drop $20.00 on it. After wandering around the store for a little while, I left without the dang thing.
I keep toting it around the house making little still life arrangements with it.  

And... it wouldn't leave me alone.  I kicked myself for not getting it when I had the chance. I kept thinking about putting flowers in it or setting it on a bright textile and getting the reflections all the color would make and wishing I had gotten it when I had the chance.  Then the perfect thing happened.  My daughter told me she had to drive through the same little town and I suggested she stop and see if there was a silver pitcher right inside the door.  There was.  And I am already planning a painting with it.  And that is as close to making my own art as I've been for three days.  However, there is creative energy brewing beneath the surface and it feels good.

Thanks for stopping by! Alice

No comments: