Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Font of Ideas

Ideas comes along now and then while I'm driving alone.  Walking or hiking are also good things to do when I'm looking for inspiration or trying to solve a problem.  However, for me, the most sure, most guaranteed place I can go is the bathtub.  A good book, maybe some snacks and water hot enough to scald me are the recipe for making my babbling mind shut up for awhile and let me think.  


My chamber of inspiration, the font of great ideas
On Facebook a few days ago I saw a photo of a woman's legs in bath water while a take-out box full of Chinese food was floating above them.  I nearly fell over laughing.  I realized I'm not the only one who uses the tub for a place to hide and eat contraband and soak her troubles away.  I was also impressed- whoever figured this out is a genius.  
If only I lived anywhere near a Chinese joint
Yesterday, two new books came in the mail.  I am using them to bribe myself.  Blackmail is probably a more accurate term.  If I can get all of the stuff on my list finished up today, I will take myself into my chamber of inspiration and glut on art books, dark chocolate and Lays Potato Chips.  You should see me bustling around the house getting things accomplished.  I'm a woman with motivation.  

Thanks for stopping by! Alice


  


2 comments:

Anna Lisa said...

Thank you SO Much for sharing the ways you "decompress" and blackmail yourself into doing things :) So glad to know I'm not alone.

Alice Jo Webb said...

You're welcome! It is nice to know there are others out there. : )