Thursday, January 7, 2016

An Hour at a Time

Getting back to school has been a struggle this week.  The students and I have had to get back into the groove again, and that takes some doing!  

Close-up of the house area
Finally, this afternoon I felt like I had enough oomph left to spend some time on my painting.  It felt great.  Although I'm as slow as molasses, this painting will get done if I just keep grabbing a moment here and there to work on it.

Trying to find the balance between not giving enough attention to the house area and letting it get too precious
It's hard to make myself get started.  Funny thing is, after I've been at it for 10 minutes or so, the creative juices begin to flow and I forget that I didn't really feel like it.  Even though I'm tired and can't stay at it as long as it would take to finish, I can do something.  Anything, even.  Good end to an okay day.

Thanks for stopping by! Alice




4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

This is a very lovely watercolor already - not much, if anything more, needed :) Glad you can find time to do a little even though you're tired. I find the same thing - if I say, I don't feel like it but do it anyway, within 5-10 minutes I've forgotten that I didn't feel like it and I'm in the flow again :) Happy 2016!

Debbie said...

A little piece of heaven sent me your blog today. I have missed you and thought about you often in the past year. Your art is so soul satisfying. Your journey has been beautiful. You are an inspiration to me and I thank you. Here's to us in 2016!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Rhonda! Alice

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, I was just thinking about you over Christmas. Very glad you are here! Email me at ajowebb@gmail.com okay?