Tuesday, January 19, 2016

La Bella Durmiente, Finally

Today I dashed home from work as soon as it was time.  Usually I stay and get things ready for the next day, but this painting needed done.  Today.  It has dragged on long enough!
La Bella Durmiente
Watercolor on paper
22" x 30"

The finish was tricky due to problems I had with the mask.  I have never had trouble lifting mask from a painting, and believe me, I've used a lot of mask.  The top layer of paper lifted as I peeled it off.  I used two different brands and both kinds took paper away with them as I pulled them off.  It is Arches 300 lb. cold pressed paper, same paper I always use.  No idea why, but it made getting crisp edges along the fence shapes a real chore.  However, it is finished and I can toss it into the drawer and move on.

Thanks for enduring through this one! Alice

5 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Beautiful and love the name and stories about it. I don't do watercolor often but hear that if you leave the mask on too long or it gets heated too much, like with a hair dryer or near a stove/fireplace. It was worth the struggles, just so much New Mexico. :)

Jo Castillo said...

Forgot to say, I love the tumbleweeds......

Anna Lisa said...

I love this piece Alice!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thank you, Jo. I appreciate you stopping by!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Anna Lisa, that just makes me happy!