Monday, January 26, 2015

We Don't Live in the Middle of Nowhere..

But you can see it from here.

Recently I had professional pictures taken of some of my cactus paintings.  I'm pretty excited to have them and for all of the possibilities good digital images present.  However, going to town to get them will take an entire day.  When you live a good 3-4 hour roundtrip drive from a real town you end up with errands that have been waiting for a couple of weeks.  Errands such as getting groceries, going to the dry cleaners or finding car parts; exciting things like that.

All of the masking in place..

On Saturday I started a prickly pear painting.  I don't paint on Sundays, so it's been not-so-quietly sitting in the back of my mind, waiting for me to come back.  Singing it's siren song.  Hopefully there will still be time this evening to work on it.

Bumper Crop
22" x 30"

Finding balance is a struggle I suspect every creative person has to make.  Food has to be grown or bought, cooked and eaten; bills have to be paid and of course family is a priority.  Finding time for making art takes dedication and creative scheduling sometimes.  It is, though, a struggle I'm willing to make.  Without it, life becomes drudgery, doesn't it?  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: