Monday, January 5, 2015

Multi-tasking

On Saturday, all I wanted to do was paint.  However, there was a canning job to get done, too.  I've been trying to keep my creative momentum going (even though I haven't been able to spend time in the studio) by getting little paintings done in my sketchbook each day since last week.  As it turns out, canning projects lend themselves to time to paint after all, I just had to do the painting in the kitchen.  Since I don't leave the room when the pressure canner is going, I sat down at the table and worked on little bitty drawings.

Done in my little Strathmore watercolor book, this is 5 1/2" x 8".  
I've been surprised this past week how my mind has continued to work on ideas after I put my sketchbook and paints away.  Hopefully, when it's finally time to sit down at my art table and finish that cacti painting waiting for me, I'll already be in the painting mood.

Green chile stew and burrito filling, bottled up and ready to heat and eat one of these days when we don't have time to cook
This week?  Please, please, let there be some calm days wedged in there!!

3 comments:

Juliana said...

I just love your sketchbook/journal!

Anna Lisa said...

Both the sketches and the green chiles look great! LIke the illustrative effect on the drawings.

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thank you Juliana and Anna Lisa.