Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My Bookcase is Full of Hidden Treasure

About the time I started college, I bought a book by a painter named Ray Hendershot. I read it, tried some of his techniques and put the book in my bookcase.  

Then I forgot I had it.  (rolling my eyes..)

As I've been struggling this week to learn how to handle elements of landscape painting, I came across this wonderful book. I have to admit I feel kind of sheepish about the whole thing. The information I needed was right here all along. 

My photos aren't so hot, I'm behind schedule today and had to rush!  

The demonstrations he gives are outstanding. Clear, simple to follow and highly adaptable. 

If you are looking for a reference book on texture and how to use it in landscapes, go find this book. Today!

I have high hopes of putting the techniques he teaches to use on Friday. Hooray for Ray Hendershot and hooray for going through my reference material more often!

No comments: