Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Psychedelic Mess

Based on my policy of finish every painting, I have been working on they sky I began earlier this week on my blah day.  Here's progress so far:

Trying to simplify shapes and textures, growing darker in value as I come forward, and planning things out as I go 

I'm surprised at how the mid and fore grounds pushed those clouds back.  Not expecting anything but another landscape mess out of this, I didn't plan as I moved forward in space down the paper.  As a result I've kind of painted myself into a corner, so to speak.  However, I have to admit that figuring out problems as it progresses is part of the fun.  This piece is turning out to be interesting to puzzle my way through.  

I'll be taking my time on it, painting slowly and thinking the process out.  Hopefully, this one will teach me lessons to use as I try to learn this landscape process.  However it goes, I'm pleased to report that it does go!   I hope you're having a productive day, too.  Thanks for stopping by.   

2 comments:

Juliana said...

I'm actually kinda liking this piece, and I'm interested to see where you take it. It has a feeling of vastness to it that is appealing.

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thanks, Juliana. Reserve judgement, however, nobody can make quite as spectacular a mess of a landscape than I can!