Sunday, January 25, 2015

Inspiration or Indigestion?

I had this idea.. a prickly pear pad, up close, personal and large.  Meh.  It wasn't such a cool idea after all.  After I spent an entire day in the studio on it, I was pretty disgusted.  This piece put me into a week long funk.  I threw it into the reject drawer of my flat file and figured I'd cut it up and make a book cover with it sometime.  Or maybe dance on it just before I burned it.        


Poor Ugly Cactus
24" x 18"
Watercolor on paper

I pulled it out today to get to a piece of paper that was under it and decided that there are parts I really like in this.  The texture is fun.  The colors are, too.  I may keep it.  It would work as a triptych as well.  You never know..  

1 comment:

Anna Lisa said...

I like the color transitions especially from bottom to cactus. The texture, shadow or depth of the patty is also very nice.