Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Meet Karyn Neil

While working on my degree, I had the privilege of having a private student, Karyn Neil.  While she had some experience as a painter, she wanted to learn about using watercolor paints.  We had a hoot working together in our studio at the school and giggling like teenagers.  Plus, watching her catch on to the medium was exciting to me. Who can resist sharing what they love? Certainly not me.

Add caption
This semester, Karyn has completed three fabulous watercolor paintings and entered them into a juried show.  When I opened the attachments in the email she sent, I was thrilled with what I saw and knew I had to show them to you.  All she needed was to be pointed in the right direction to take off and find colors and a style all her own.

Karyn works as the secretary of the art department at Western New Mexico University while taking classes toward her degree.  I suspect it's difficult at times because department business can take over class and studio work.  However, she still gets paintings done each semester and is improving steadily.  I admire her gumption.

If you'd like to keep an eye on her work, visit her blog, Gone Painting.  She's a new blogger, but I expect to see more beautiful stuff there as this artist grows and progresses.  Be sure to check it out.

Thanks for stopping by! Alice


4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Beautiful!!! It's fun to see talent shine and grow as you share what you know :)

Juliana said...

I love these! I wish I could see them for real.

Alice Jo Webb said...

Me too. I love the dreamy look of them.

Alice Jo Webb said...

Isn't it??