Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Busy Work

Weeks ago, our little one year old granddaughter came to visit.  This kid is one busy, happy soul.  After her first day here, I realized the loom would not be any better off for her visit, in fact, it was unclear if I would be able to put the amazing mess back to rights again.  However, when somebody as fabulous as she is blows kisses and waves till they're out of sight, it's just not possible to get irritated with them.

How someone who can't even reach the top of this thing could manage to totally derail the project is a mystery to me.  However, now it's all back together again and ready to be worked on.  Or ignored some more, take you pick.
Nothing was damaged that couldn't be set to rights with an hour or two of work, I just never took an hour or two to do anything about it till now. This school year hasn't been a time of great personal accomplishment in my life- in fact, I'm just surviving till May, when I can evaluate how I feel about the whole amazing experience.  But that's for another day- I digress.  This afternoon I took the time to get the loom put back together again.  It was meditative time and much appreciated after a full day.  As I hang tough through this dry spell, I can spend some evenings there contemplating life and finding the sense of quiet weaving creates.  And who knows? I might actually finish something on that loom.  Stranger things have happened.

Thanks for stopping by! Alice


No comments: