Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Perfect Storm

Praise be! It rained for hours during the night and into the morning.  If you lived where we live, you'd realize how welcome a real, honest-to-goodness-rain-for-hours-ground-soaking storm is.  I love rain, love the cloud-close feeling of dark skies and the beautiful moisture on the scented air.  It's our monsoon season, so we usually get two or three gully washers in July.  Not this time, though.  Chances are rain is pretty ho-hum at your house, so bear with me here.


The garden is happy, standing up and cheering for the beautiful day! So are the weeds, darn it.

 Although I'm getting some painting in here and there, this has not been a studio week.  This morning I re-watched a video I posted a few months ago.  It seemed like a good rainy day thing to do. I love what this painter has to say.  Only 7:45 long, her ideas are good thought-food.  You can find the video HERE.  I hope you enjoy it.  If you've seen it, maybe you'll be like me and learn more the second time through. 

With the under-painting laid in, I can see my composition better.  Progress is progress, no matter how slow! (Sounds like Dr. Seuss.. made me feel wise)

If it's raining at your house today, congratulations!  If not, come to my house, there's enough to share.
Actual puddles.  How thrilling!  

Till next time, thanks for stopping by! Alice
   




No comments: