Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Following Heart - The Artist

My daughter sent this video to me yesterday.  While I've been working on a new idea this week and had planned to post about it today, I decided to share this video instead.  Featuring painter, Leslie Watts, this short film really touched me.  I think she says very much what I feel about working in a  'cutting edge' style.  Her desires for her art work and its future are similar to mine and I think it will be to many others as well.  I hope you enjoy it and have a great day!

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Thank you for sharing that! Wonderful comments from a true working artist who just wants to continue working and not become famous but become respected in what she does :) I've never seen anyone paint with egg tempera (or make it) so that was fun to see how she mixes the dry pigments with the egg yolks. We are all in this together, aren't we, whether we have legions of fans on Facebook or are painting along in our basements and trying to create something we feel only we could have done...

Alice Jo Webb said...

Exactly!