Friday, July 3, 2015

Canyon Country

Now and then you have to stop and water your roots.  I find that I can't pour out my spiritual substance without taking time to refill it on occasion.  You can't dip inspiration out of an empty vessel.  For me, I yearn to be in the canyon country of Northern Arizona/Southern Utah.  There is something about the wildness of it, paired with the drama of deep canyon shadows that puts a lump in my throat and a gives me a feeling of completeness that heals me.  

We have been passing through some of that beauty this week.  I think I could paint here for 100 lifetimes and never run out of ideas for new compositions.  

Thanks for stopping in!  Alice 
 

2 comments:

Alison said...

I love that part of the world, but have struggled to paint it. I used to live in South East Utah and spent a lot of time hiking and biking there. I'd love a post with your suggestions on capturing the colors and shadows.

Alice Jo Webb said...

Alison, I will try to deliver! Thanks for stopping by.