Sunday, July 12, 2015

Three Out of Five..

Blossoms, that is.

After all of the day's chores were finally done yesterday, I had a bit of time to work on my current piece.  Even though it's only one more blossom area done, it's a section closer to finished than it was the day before.  I'm fascinated by how the reds pop out of the page; no other color I've used has quite the power to do that.

The yellow-underpainted bits help me keep it sun-kissed.
While I'm painting the reds, I keep finding myself musing over the rock and cacti areas around the blossoms and how to handle them.  Hopefully they'll work themselves out by the time I get there.  This cactus piece seems to be going in a more realistic direction than the last few. It is interesting to me how some paintings have more of an idea where they want to go and just take me there, seemingly with little input from me.  This is one of those.

Only two more fussy parts to go, then I can start laying in wet, runny sections.  Looking forward to those.

Thanks for stopping by!  Alice

No comments: