Saturday, July 25, 2015

Abandoned Farm

Like the first time I used acrylics, my first time with gouache for a painting was much more difficult than I thought it would be. It is easy to make transparent and the colors are pure and clean. However it's not as transparent as regular watercolors, making using them trickier for me at this point. So far I haven't figured out when to make them transparent and when to make them opaque. I spent this afternoon by an old abandoned farm. Instead of zeroing in on one aspect of it, I tried to paint the whole panorama. I learned from it but it's certainly not a beautiful journal entry.

I'm anxious to try more. My mind just spins with all the possibilities when I'm supposed to be sleeping. However the duties of my life call and I have to put the whole thing away. Dang it. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Alice

2 comments:

Juliana said...

I love when you post pages from your journal! Someday, I do hope you find a way to publish your journal. I know a reproduction won't have the same texture as the original pages, but even on the computer screen it just pulls me in. it's so intimate and engaging.

Alice Jo Webb said...

I'm so glad you like them! I feel a bit vulnerable posting them sometimes, but I learn so much from looking at journals other people have made.