Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pencil by 53

Oh boy!  I got home from visiting family to find my new Pencil by 53 waiting for me in the mailbox. More exciting than finding the Chex party mix I had made- and forgot to take along on the trip- lying on the kitchen counter.  Pencil is in the charger getting ready for a late night and I'm sitting out in my studio trying to be patient while it happens.  Eating party mix. I can unpack tomorrow, right?
A little sketch of an old ladder-backed chair done with the Pencil, very smooth to use and feels right in the hand.

I've been looking up information about it and came across a couple of sites that already do a great job of unboxing and showing off the features it claims, so I'll save us both from going through all of that here.
The floor plan of a teeny little old house we looked at this weekend done on Paper with Pencil

2.5 hours later: Here's a little tip in case you decide you need this stylus for yourself: You can insert it into the charger upside-down.  I waited around quite awhile fretting that I'd gotten a faulty pencil and waiting for the little light to turn on.  Ahem, it turns out that right-side-up the pencil charges great.  It's me that might be faulty...  
Worked over with modifications added.  So easy to add and take away ideas as we think about  how to make a little house work for our needs.  Great app, fun tool.  53 has a couple of winners in Paper and Pencil.

The Pencil is fun to draw with and fun to use to take notes and works great to draw out little house plans, too.  Who can resist a new toy?  Certainly not me.  The mailman is the hero of the day again! 

Thanks for stopping by- Alice

No comments: