Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Little Obsession

My daughter, artist Katie Kellogg, has a passion for all things tiny.  Even more so if she can make them. Obsessively.  She sent these photos to me so I could see how much fun she is having with teeny, tiny, little books.  Last week she couldn't sleep till she got her mini-spouse finished.  This week, it's books.  I guess it could be worse, she could be obsessed with petty larceny or psychedelic mushrooms!
Mini Spouse, having a nice afternoon with his new book

Honestly, I don't know where she gets this obsessive tendency.  Must be from her dad.  Really.

Cloth covers. Perfection
When the kids drop where they stand because somebody forgot to make them go to bed, there might be a focus issue!  The children, however, love it because they can get in on the creative action and by the time the fog clears there are mountains of cool new creations around the art room.  And kitchen and living room and.... well, you get the picture.
They need filled with teeny, tiny sketches...
In my art you don't see my sense of humor much.  I take it all too seriously.  In Katie's, though, there is a sense of whimsy.  A fun touch of irony.  Always there if you look for it.

"The Littles" comes to mind..
Of course, now I need one.  I hope she is reading this.  Why do tiny things give us so much pleasure? There is something charming about a book so little that you can't really use it for a practical purpose.

The end papers are as delicious as the covers
Whatever it is, these little art pieces make me smile.  There is a sense of joy in them.  So, on we go, making things, painting things, writing things and getting happiness in the process.  I hope you are doing the same.
With a quarter for perspective.  Love it.


Thanks for stopping by!  




2 comments:

Ranch Mom said...

I'm so glad that the creative genes landed on a couple of people in the family - it sure passed my family by!

Alice Jo Webb said...

They landed on us hard! Love your blog.