Friday, December 4, 2015

Gifts From Kids

If I had a nickel for every drawing a child has made for me in my life, I'd be a wealthy lady.  Raising kids, running a public library, becoming a grandmother and now teaching children at school I have received my share of art from children.  I usually kept it hanging around awhile till the giver forgot, then quietly tucked them into the 'round file.'  In my elementary classroom are dozens of pictures and notes expressing love for me- one of my favorites is addressed to 'misswedd.' They are hung on every spare surface-  I don't toss them lightly anymore.
A tarantula/scorpion, just for me!  

Over the years, I have come to believe when a child gives a gift, usually a rock, picture, feather or some other thing they have found or made, it's should be received with joy!  It's a compliment from a wide open heart.  A gift freely given with the intent to show love, the best kind of all.  I'm so lucky to be able to be the art teacher to the little people at my school.

Thanks for stopping by- Alice

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Those gifts mean so much. I know my grands look on the fridge first thing to see if I still have their last creations on there - and if I don't, they want to know where I've moved it!