Monday, September 7, 2015

Painting Rocks

Sitting by a stream in the White Mountains this weekend, I practiced painting rocks.  Getting away from home and the constant planning for work was a grand idea!  One can only think about work 24/7 for so long without needing to hit the reset button, and hit it we did.  The only bad part is coming home with camping gear needing cleaned and put away.    

"Under the Bridge"
Watercolor
7" x 10"

I only brought a small handful of watercolors along because I was going to use gouache.  Again.  I didn't use it. Again.  So.. with my limited palette, I did the above sketch in an hour or so.  I seem to have some avoidance issues going on here.  Still.  Could be the new gouache paints have caused a bit of studio constipation as I haven't painted much for several weeks now.  I'm going to put my big girl panties on and work my way past this.  Soon.  Really!

Thanks for stopping by-  Alice

4 comments:

Alison said...

http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2015/09/gouache-tips-in-international-artist.html

This might help with the avoidance issues. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Beautiful capture of the rocks texture and very moody colors!!!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thanks, Alison!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Otitis, thanks for the comments!