Saturday, September 26, 2015

Eyes

We fought our way through eyes in art this week.  My students have asked to be taught how to draw things, so we are learning to draw eyes.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy drawing facial features.  I think the kids did, too, after they stopped saying they couldn't draw, it's too hard and can you come draw it for me??

Our practice eyes... next week we'll work to make them bigger and a bit scary.

Making big pictures of eyes has made them think we need to make a whole wall of eyes to pin up for October- the attraction?  They'll look creepy!  What could be more cool?  I never know what will capture the kids attention, but apparently, anything creepy has definite potential.  So, on we go- onward and upward.  Happily creeping ourselves out.  

Thanks for stopping by! Alice

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Yep, scary stuff just in time for Halloween decorating :)