Saturday, September 12, 2015

Cloud Practice

Although it was not a stay-at-home-and-do-my-own-thing-in-my-jammies day, I did get to spend a bit of studio time.  I'm a hit and miss sky painter in regular watercolors, so I figured I'd work to see if I can do a more consistent sky job with gouache.  Here's the result so far:
Laying the paint into fairly wet paper, I was tickled to see the granulating white beginning to run downwards on the paper into the blue.  What a fun effect and one I'll use again.  It didn't soak in, it stayed on top of the paper, creating a stormy look I haven't figure out in transparent paints yet.  This medium has it's fun parts- big sigh of relief...  

Thanks for stopping by! Alice

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Ooooh, you're already exploring and discovering fun techniques with the gouache! This is a gorgeous sky, as is - will be waiting to see those mountains come to life and color.