Saturday, February 21, 2015

Framed!

I took the day off yesterday to celebrate our anniversary.  (33 great years!)  This morning, I got some photos I thought I'd share.

Sometimes, after someone buys a painting from me, they send a picture of it framed.  I love when this happens because they look so different in frames.  Even when I'm not sure I like a piece, I nearly always like them after they've been framed.

The foreground of this painting caused me no small amount of anxiety, but seeing it in a (temporary) frame helps me know that it is okay!  
There have been times I couldn't quite decide whether to put a painting in the 'bad' drawer of my flat file or put it out there for possible buyers.  I keep a frame in the studio for just such a quandary.    

I love the gold band around the picture in this, it really sets off the light on the hill shapes
Often times, the frame changes the look of the whole piece, helping me see what I couldn't before.  After looking at a the work for hours on end I sometimes lose my ability to 'see' it.  The frame alters my view of it, helping me see it with fresh eyes.  So to speak..  
Painted 8 or 9 years ago, this was recently framed and sent to me.  I love how this looks all ready to hang!  
I guess I should collect them and keep a database of who has what, even if just to remind myself on down days that there are people who like my work; even if I always don't!

Thanks for stopping by!  Alice

No comments: