Friday, August 30, 2013

Sad mess...


Well folks, I am swallowing my pride and posting my poor Steeple Rock painting for the whole world to see.  It just went wrong, I just went wrong from the get go.




So, I put the lower half into water, soaked it good and began to scrub.  The wild colors came off okay, exposing the wild colors I had put on the lower layers, which weren't any better than what I washed off.  Good thing this is 300lb. paper, it takes a beating.  For some reason I put a layer of red over the foreground.  Don't ask, I don't know! Here's what it looked like when I finally decided to start with soft pastels.  This is painful.




So, the roughness of the paper was fun to work on.  Knowing it was ruined was pretty liberating, I just added whatever colors sounded fun and started adding pigment!  I have to say it is frustrating, but I also have to admit that I learned a LOT from this project.  I will probably just spray some fixative on it and let it hang around to bug me for a few days.  After that I may soak it in the bathtub and see what happens.  Or burn it.  Either way, I am showing my result and you may sympathize or laugh. Your choice.

No comments: