Monday, August 19, 2013

It begins..

The Fall 2013 semester is here.  Yes, back to college has arrived already and I am not through exploring and growing in my paintings.  However, I will be okay!  If I can handle 23 credit hours this time around, I can pretty much handle anything, right?  Oh come on, Alice!  You raised 6 kids, you can handle school.  Pull up your britches and get moving.

Sometimes the voice that answers back inside my head is a real pain.  Hard to whine with a practical mind.

I have so many ideas for paintings that are crowding to get out, I'm just going to have to find time to make that happen.  I can paint an hour a day and still accomplish much.  Here is a big, acrylic piece I worked over for several weeks last semester.  Not because I had to fight my way through it, but because it needed to evolve.  I loved pondering on which colors to lay down next and how to achieve the values I wanted.  It's too big to hang anywhere, not a real masterpiece, but a satisfying painting anyway.  I learned quite a bit from it.

Still Life, 3 feet x 4 feet on primed masonite, acrylic







No comments: