Thursday, August 22, 2013

Creative Pursuits

Yesterday was my homeschool day.  Isn't it lovely how even universities have homeschooling now?  In other words, online classes.  (to be truthful, not really my favorite as most teachers aren't techies and get things muddled)  Along with weaving for my fibers class, I baked bread.  I try to grind wheat and bake bread once a week so that we can at least make toast or sandwiches on crazy days.  Here is a pic of my creativity in the kitchen.  Kitchen art.

Whole wheat honey seed bread, my therapy.  Not only do we have nutritious food on hand for the next week or so, but after baking bread I feel like all of my troubles are small.  There is something very basic and soothing in handling and baking the dough.  

I used to put sunflower seeds into it.  The kids called it tick bread.  Our youngest son sat at the table for a big slice of warm bread one day, took one look at it and said, "I'm not eatin' this stuff, it's got ticks in it!"  From that day on, it was tick bread.  These days, I just used sesame, poppy and flax seed.  Lazy, I guess..  



No comments: