Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Yet another landscape fight. Dang it.

Persevere...  Sometimes I hate that word.  Finish every piece.  Now who said that?  Rats, I have to practice what I preach.  I began the Steeple Rock piece on the right track.  Steeple Rock was my subject, shadows were sharp and the sky was just right.



I dropped the colors into wet paper and was tickled with how they began to develop.



 I wanted soft shadows on the middle ground, so I laid them in lightly and wet.  So far, so good.  However, this is the part where I clench up and begin to ruin my landscapes!  Not sure why I get so uptight about this part, but I certainly do.  I get totally lost.




Darker colors, warmer colors appear to come forward.  I began to darken and warm up and boy did I warm up!  Nice, hot red right in the middle ground.  Now you don't see the subject, you see the middle ground.  What a mess.  I went to bed with a headache and frustrated to the max.  Now I have to figure out how I'm going to finish this.  I may scrub out the red hillsides and make the foreground quite dark and brownish red.  I may have to start again with pastels over the top of it.  Oh well, stay tuned.  If you can bear it!


No comments: