Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Like a Marathon..

One more day in this race to have lesson plans, classroom rules, first day procedures and art supplies all ready for the first day of school.  I'm tired.  However, I am almost finished and looking forward to seeing what the children create.  Won't that be fun?  I hope...

Plenty to read on the board while the students sit quietly (we can hope) and wait for class to start.  
Sunday evening, my husband and I went for a drive to the mountains.  There were black clouds gathering there and lightning flashing, a guarantee of beautiful views.  We hiked around for a bit, then parked the truck and watched a gully washer overtake the canyon we were sitting in, obliterating any sight of the cliffs and peaks.  It was exactly what I needed to give my mind the rest it needed and calm for the week ahead.

What is so restful about watching and listening to water?
Tomorrow I will finish up all of the little things I've been saving for the last minute and fret.  Nothing is perfect...

Thanks for stopping by!  Alice

2 comments:

Ranch Mom said...

I love your blog, Alice !

Alice Jo Webb said...

Hey, cool! Thank you.