Sunday, August 23, 2015

Daily Feedings

Yeah, I know.  I've been pretty irregular on my posts lately.  My intentions are the best, but the learning curve I'm on right now has taken possession of me, body and soul.  You think I'm absentee around here; think about how my house looks!  However, I'm getting my feet under me at school.  I have by no means learned as many names as I need, but the classes are beginning to work smoothly and projects are flowing.  Mostly.
Painted by Leconte Stewart (1892-1990) "The Smith's, the Jones' and the Brown's" was painted in 1936.  

The rub is this- I feel a real hole in my life where studio time fits.  There has to be a place for that part of me and I'm puzzling and scheming to get it worked back in.  In the meantime, I keep my creative self fed by looking at the work of others. You know, kind of like keeping your sourdough start alive by little feedings; when you're going to bake again, it's dormant but ready to activate as soon as you are. I hope.
"Yellow Socks" is part of the museum's collection of Russian paintings.
Yuri Stanislavovich Podlyaski, 1953.

These two paintings were hanging in the art museum in Springville, UT this summer while we were there. I took photos of them (With permission, of course!) because in different ways they each left deep impressions on my mind.   Both spoke to me of simplicity and peace and gave me a bit of nostalgia. I'm learning from studying them: the artist's techniques and palettes, along with composition styles inspire me. As for the blog- I am still here, I'm just a bit dormant for a short time. 

Thanks for taking time to stop by!  Alice