Saturday, June 6, 2020

Staying Well and Happy

It's past time to get caught up.  Although I've let my blog lapse due to an enormous stress load, I have been creating art here and there.  I just didn't upload it or blog about it.  Self-expression is vital to human beings, in my humble opinion. For me, I tend to get grouchy when I wait too long to get creative.  Quite grouchy.
When work gets too demanding, I find painting on small paper means I can still get a painting done a couple of times a month.  Or so.  This is a Fall scene from our little, rural town. 7" x 10" on Arches 140 lb. cold pressed paper.  


After reading all of the nonsense on Facebook in recent months, I found myself getting pretty grouchy anyway.  It just turned out the best way to handle all of the contention, hatred, arguing, fake news, deciphering which new was fake, fear, the idiots, and unrest out there, was to paint.  I've been painting, and even moving into an area of self-expression I haven't spent much time in before.  More about that in the future.
We visited Mesa Verde, in So. Colorado this past fall.  This was a scene we passed along the way.  Also on Arches 140 lb., cold pressed paper and 7" x 10".  

So, I've sworn off of Facebook for a season in hopes that I will not catch the infection.  "What?", you ask, "Where did this nut lady hear that one can get Covid19 from social media??" Fear not, I didn't mean the dreaded Corona Virus.  This infection going around is way worse, I think.  That of fear, of limiting life, of feeling like I need to correct people whose beliefs are clearly, well, wrong, and all of that junk.  Creating stuff is the vaccination for that bug.  I hope you are creating as well.  I've had some really fun stuff come out of this past 2 months which I will post in coming days.

Thanks for stopping by, and be well! Alice

2 comments:

Candy said...

Lovely little watercolors, Alice. I'm still on Facebook, but I agree with your opinion on what's going on there. I'm trying to avoid that infection by just ignoring certain things. Happy Sunday!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thank you, Candy. I'm with you- ignore what I can't change!