Saturday, December 3, 2016

In Which I Spend a Whole Day on a Re-do

This past week I got a surprise in my email!  The painting, Inside Passage sold on my Etsy site.  It's always exciting when someone wants one of my paintings enough to spend money on it.  Then, before bedtime that evening, I went out to the studio to get it ready for shipment- and it was gone.  Really gone.  Not only that, but another painting was missing as well.  Surely I just misplaced them, or so we thought as we tore the newly put-together studio clear apart.  My husband and I spent two days looking for the paintings with no luck.  What a sick feeling.  
Inside Passage, Version 1
Sadly.. missing!
With a heavy heart I contacted the buyer and told her of my problem.  What a nice woman; she asked me to paint another one and she'd see if she liked it as much as the first.  I spent the whole day on a second version of the picture today.  I like it better, but am waiting to see if she does, too.  In the meantime, I'll just sit here and blog to dispel my nervous feelings.  
Inside Passage, Version 2

It was actually a fun sort of day.  Having to spend the day in the studio meant I couldn't worry about the kitchen floor which needs a good cleaning, not to mention the rest of the jobs that I would have done today.  So sorry, too bad, no housework today- I had an urgent problem to solve!  Oh that I had an ironclad excuse everyday, right?!  I will make a maddening prediction here: The missing paintings will surface right after I ship this one.  Isn't that they way things go?

Thanks for stopping by! Alice

No comments: