Saturday, August 27, 2016

Early Morning Agave

Why I can't sleep beyond 6:00 a.m. is beyond me, but there it is.  I've become an early riser.  Against my will, I might add.  However, today it turned out to be a blessing.  I should get up early and paint every day- I feel energized and ready for whatever comes my way.  Painting in the quiet of the morning settled my heart right down and gave me a great sense of peace this morning.
Early Morning Agave
Watercolor Markers on paper
16" x 12"

After finishing this painting, I have decided that the watercolor markers I've been test-driving have their place in my studio.  Winsor & Newton's watercolor markers are tricky to learn (and I have only scratched the surface) but are luminous on the paper and can help me get some cool effects when I want them.  If you want more information about these markers, you can click here and here to read more.  I have to say I enjoyed doing this piece and the challenge of it.  Now I'm going to go make blueberry pancakes and savor the idea of not going to work today!  Whatever your day holds, I hope it's lovely.

Thanks for stopping by- Alice

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I love the vibrant colors of the wc markers! And you blended them well to get lovely watercolor looks with more intense color.

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thanks, Rhonda. I'm thinking intense darks with less layering would happen with them as well.

Anna Lisa said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!

Alice Jo Webb said...

So glad! Thank you.