Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Studio Changes

The past few days my husband has been doing a little re-model in my studio.  All these years this 30 foot long room has been so full of great stuff that I’ve had to wade through the treasures just to use the space.  Full of bookbinding supplies, tools and equipment, jewelry making tools such as torches and hammers and solder and wire, plus my sewing machine and all the goodies that go along with that- I had a great, big room- chock full of chaos.  I’m so tired of living with stuff I might need “someday.”  For someone who hates clutter so bad, I sure tolerated it a long time.

During the upheaval.  I couldn't have painted in this mess if I had to.  (At this point, all I wanted to do was run away from home.)
Well, no more.  Husband Tom needs more space for storing his wood stash and I need less stuff.  Considerably less stuff.  It was the perfect time to get a two-fer.  He put up a partition right down the middle of my studio, while I gave away about a ton of goodies to the kids and presto/change-o, we have what we both need.  What a relief.  In about 35 years the kids will look around and say, “Hey, where did all this good junk come from?”  And I’ll be dead and they won’t be able to give it all back!  Genius. 

Tonight it's settled in and ready. And so am I. 
Thanks to the new wall, I actually have more space than I’ve had in years and love to be out here again.  Because there were doors on each end before, there were times this place felt more like a passage, but now it’s a private space where nobody needs to be but me.  My own little hidey-hole.  If you need me, I’ll be out here.  Breathing.    

Thanks for stopping by! Alice




No comments: