Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Beware the Moonflowers

Although this is finished to the point I envisioned it, it may need a darker background. It'll have to sit for a few days while I decide. It does feel good to have it ready for the "sit and stew" phase before I go back to work tomorrow, though. As I'm posting from my phone again I can't put a subtitle under the photo so I'll put the specs here:

Beware the Moonflower
Watercolor on paper
12" × 16"

So, I'm off to agonize over my outfit for tomorrow. Hope your evening is more fun than that!

Thanks for stopping by- Alice

6 comments:

Anna Lisa said...

Gorgeous work!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

RH Carpenter said...

There is a dancing quality to the background shapes I wouldn't change - perhaps bring out the leaves of the flower more - something to make them pop? Love the whites! Lovely lovely painting! Now I guess I have to go back to older posts to see why you are worried about your outfit? Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

First day of work for the school year... Thanks for the ideas!

RH Carpenter said...

Ah, school again!!! Have a good year and remember to make time for your art so you don't get burned out :) Hope you have a great class of students who inspire you and make you laugh.

Anonymous said...

Rhonda, I have 14 classes of fabulous kids whom I love. Hopefully this year I know more what I'm doing than last year and can take time to nurture myself a bit. NO MORE BURNOUT!!

After a few days away from "Moonflowers" I have come to agree with your suggestion of making the leaves better defined. Thanks!