Tuesday, July 26, 2016

New Book Review

The past month or so I've been trying to find time to read my new book, Artist's Sketchbook, Exercises and Techniques for Sketching on the Spot, by Cathy Johnson. Quite a name, isn't it?  I finally read it last week. As you've probably noticed by now, I have a thing for books about using sketch journals. The small drawings and the words that accompany them are an interesting art form of their own.

So- this book is probably my favorite of the genre. Johnson's work has appealed to me for years as she has a light hand and good eye for perspective that I admire. Simplifying a subject doesn't mean you have to sacrifice detail, which I think is Johnson's speciality. If you're looking for a book you'll pull out and use again and again for ideas and inspiration, give this one a go.

Thanks for stopping by! Alice

No comments: