Saturday, November 14, 2015

For the Fun Of It

Finally, another day in the studio.  The best way to increase painting ability is to paint, of course, but what if one can't realistically do that?  I guess the next best thing is to paint as often as possible.  I got to spend the afternoon in my studio today and play around a bit.  About time.

Under the Fir, still in progress!

Although I didn't intend this piece to become a limited palette exercise, it has taken that characteristic on all by itself.  Very limited palette, too!  Pthalo Blue and Cadmium Yellow Medium are almost the only colors in it.  A tiny pinch of Naphthol Red and Zinc White are the only other paints I've used.  While it doesn't appear to be turning out to be a masterpiece, it has been relaxing and interesting as I remember how to use oil paints.  The important thing here is, I love to paint.  When the stress of deadlines and the expectations of others are absent, it becomes something that feeds my spirit.  Poor little spirit, it was needing fed- was getting skinny...

Thanks for stopping by my sadly neglected blog! Alice

2 comments:

Katie said...

Well painted! That looks like a lot of fun. You should be an artist...

Alice Jo Webb said...

You think?? LOL, maybe one of these days...