Monday, April 21, 2014

Outdoor Sketching Can Be Hazardous

Saturday we finally had time for a bit of R&R and drove up into the mountains for a picnic.  I had a great time sitting and enjoying the view and playing around with my markers alongside the creek.  

When it was time to go, as I stood up, something stung my leg.  By the time I was through beating my self to death and jumping around, whatever else the dang thing was, it was no longer visible.  By the burn of it and the way my skin has reacted, I'm guessing it was a scorpion.  This is where I would have been very happy to have an allergy med. or hydrocortisone 1% cream  in my sketch bag.  I will have some there from now on and would also recommend the same to you!  Happy creating!


Along Turkey Creek, Pitt pens in my Moleskine sketchbook

2 comments:

Juliana said...

There is an energy in that sketch that I just love! I hope you have recovered from the sting.

Alice Jo Webb said...

I have a big, fat bruise on my leg, but the pain has gone and I have a good story!