Sunday, September 1, 2013

Of Peace and Freight Trains..


I get restless.  Sometimes, everything feels too big in the world and I need space around me to get my mind back in line.  Tonight, my husband and I went for a walk in Steins Pass, NM so that I could see the trains.   
What a thrill!  How close have you ever stood to a moving freight train?  This is the closest I ever have and my fingers fairly itched to grab hold of a ladder and let that train take me where it would!
Image

The engineers waved and blew the horn as they drove by, not bothered at all by a person getting that close to the tracks.  My stress just rode away on those trains tonight.  I will have to go back again.  Image
As I sat and watched the sun setting and the light reflecting off of the steel rails, I felt peace settle over me, sink into my heart and the renewal of being in the wild country begin to have its effect.  I can pick up my burdens again tomorrow and move along.  
Image

No comments: