Monday, February 26, 2018

Zentangle With Watercolor

Several years ago I taught zentangle to my middle school aged students.  I really enjoyed the unstructured nature of it.  Basically,  it's just doodling- you know, like you used to do instead of paying attention in school.  Who knows why I haven't played with it more, but I didn't till now. 
As this has grown and traveled across the paper, it needed an egg.  There are seeds and seedlings, it needed an egg.  Maybe it's spring peeking around the corner, at least in my little corner of the world.  Growth, renewal- how artsy fartsy can I get?  So, I got an egg.

Recently I started messing around on a spare piece of watercolor paper when I wanted to be in the studio but didn't have time to get into a painting.  I've just added to it as I felt the urge and didn't worry about a theme or what direction it was taking.  I am in love with the idea of working in free manner, of letting an idea evolve on paper instead of planning every. last. detail out first.  Who knows, I may be on to something?  Whatever it is I'm doing, I am looking forward to adding bright, loud color to it.  Stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by- Alice 

3 comments:

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Wow! That is a wonderful, intriguing drawing! I look forward to seeing it in color Alice! Like the egg!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thank you, Peggy!

RH Carpenter said...

Oh, I love this!! Your freeform "doodling" has created some very interesting shapes and designs and I really like the egg - it's the star of the show. Will be looking forward to colors coming in!