Thursday, February 22, 2018

Landscape With Grisaille

Ever since I finished the painting Agave Grisaille, I've been itching to try it again on a landscape.  Last weekend I finally began that process.  I'd like this piece to be a bit moody and subdued, so after the ink has been laid down to my satisfaction I will tone the paper as well. 
Beginning this painting with a black to grey tone underneath might add a distinct look to it.  May not, too.  We shall see!

Since I'm using pen and ink along with brushing on the Higgins pigmented ink in my under-painting, I guess it's a mixed medium piece and not purely watercolor.  It really doesn't matter what it's called though, I'm just excited to see what this turns out like.  Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Thanks for stopping by- Alice

No comments: