Friday, February 2, 2018

Somewhere In South Dakota

Don't you just hate it when your internal alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m. on days you could have slept in a bit?  This morning I just gave up and came out to the studio.  In keeping with my attempts to work simple, see shapes and paint fast, I sketched out my composition with little detail and waded in.  
Somewhere in South Dakota
Watercolor on Arches cold pressed paper
7" x 10"
It took an hour and a half and kinda looks like it, too.  However, the goal in my mind won't happen without a lot of work, and that's just what this is; another bit of work.  I know it'll add up to new ideas and inspiration at some point.  

Thanks for stopping by- Alice

2 comments:

Anna Lisa said...

And if all this is is 1.5 hours - it's pretty darn nice! A lovely study and payments towards inspiration. 'Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.' - Pablo Picasso

Alice Jo Webb said...

I like the quote. Thanks, Anna Lisa!