Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Summer at Lake Powell

Not a very catchy title, but I'm too tired to come up with a better one.  I'm sure a good name will arrive in my  mind sooner or later.  The important part is, I finished it and lived to tell.  As you may know, I've been fighting to learn how to handle water for years.
Summer at Lake Powell
Watercolor on paper
22" x 30"
(Full sheet)

This time I was determined to take the reflections on water apart piece by piece and put them back together again in a way that actually looks like water.  Tedious, but actually very fun- even though it took two weeks to pull it off.  I learned so much and hopefully the next water painting won't be so intimidating.  I love painting.  Sometimes I hate it; however, I have to say it is never a boring event.

Thanks for stopping by!  Alice


4 comments:

Anna Lisa said...

WOW!!! Stunning! I can't even imagine how hard it is to do water/reflections in watercolor. Seems like an oxymoron...watercolor being hard to do water reflection...but you've DONE IT! FAN. TAS. TIC!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Anna Lisa!

Alison said...

Wow! Two very difficult things, red rock and water, all in one painting!

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thanks for the kind words, Alison.