Saturday, April 9, 2016

I'm Still Here, El Guapo!

This title is one of our favorite lines from a Webb family movie favorite, "The Three Amigos."  One of the silliest movies ever filmed, it made our kids fall all over the place laughing. The line is one the bad guy's sidekick, Jefe, says just before he goes down. The kids still quote it, even though they are grown.
Like Jefe, I'm still here!  I hope for longer than he was...  I've decided I'm going to survive.  You know, I don't get overwhelmed very often, but when I do, I do a great job of it.  This past couple of months have been pretty heavy.  That's all part of life, though, isn't it?  Everyone goes through ups and downs.  The important part is working through the downer parts back to the good times.  Reading, praying, looking at the work of others- all seem to have helped.  I'm starting to wander back out here to the studio with curiosity again.  I imagine I'll be picking my brushes back up any minute now.  I can feel it stirring, and it feels like.... well, it feels like spring!

Thanks for stopping by- Alice


No comments: