Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Fun Part

How'd it get to be bedtime already??  I've been sitting out here for what seems like 20 minutes, but three hours later it's dark and if I'm going to be a nice lady tomorrow I have to go to bed now.  We can't have Mrs. Webb riding a broom around the school.  It tends to scare the little ones....  
Although I'm not finished with shadow shapes, I'm fatigued.  That's the time to step away, before I make a bad decision or get impatient and pushy.  It happens! 
Putting the shadow shapes onto the layers of color is, to me, the absolute most fun part of a rock-filled painting.  It's like wearing accessories.  Too much bling is tacky, but when you get it just right, the whole outfit works.  The shadows on this have been a total gas to do, but this poor old lady is going cross-eyed.  Happy, but cross-eyed none-the-less.  

Thanks for stopping by! Alice

2 comments:

Anna Lisa said...

Oh - I'm wondering what we will see below the rocks! Good call on hanging it up before you became broom bound....it's a tough call some days

RH Carpenter said...

You've got some really gorgeous colors going on this in this one :) Rest, and do more later - don't want to scare the kiddies!