Recently I tried a poppy painting that flopped in a big, over-painted way. Since this is a commission, it's been weighing heavily on my mind for the past 2 or 3 weeks. It's time to try again.
To get what I wanted, I drew a small sketch of what I wanted it to look like, then traced the lines I wanted to keep. Then it was time to translate those lines onto the watercolor sheet. I divided both the tracing and the full sheet into quarters, then drew what was in each quarter of the tracing onto the paper. With organic shapes I find this to be the easiest method for me. Now it's ready for the fun part.
Hopefully I'll be more hesitant to paint this one to death!
Thanks for stopping by- Alice