Thursday, November 14, 2013

Off of the Loom!

Today I finally got my weaving cut off of the loom.  Exciting day!  


Color Study in Fibers, 30" x 67"


Three more colors of weft to go, nearly ready to come off of the loom.



Along the right edge you can see the colors of the warp, along the bottom of the picture you can see the colors of fabric used for the weft.  Not one square is exactly the same hue as another, although many are in the same color families.



Here the colors of the warp are along the left edge of the picture, the weft is along the bottom edge.  



I will leave the fabric strips at the edge of the piece.  I still need to decide how to handle the top and bottom edges and finish them, then figure out how I am going to hang it.  The has been such a fun project.  

No comments: