Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Cloud Shadows

One of the things I like to do sometimes is make another version of a painting I've already done.  This past weekend I actually finished a watercolor, which you can see here.  Although I liked it well enough, I wanted to try the clouds in a different way.  The distant hills were drawn larger than life so that I could emphasize the shadows a bit more, as well.  It was fun, but it was also clear to me that I've gotten out of practice and have ground to gain.
Cloud Shadows
Watercolor on paper
16" x 20"

Using the same color palette as last time, I mixed the colors less graying down.  Just for fun.  Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Manganese Blue, Phthalo Blue and Alizarin Crimson, with a touch of Sepia for darker darks.  Nothing new or amazing; it was amazing enough to do two pieces in less than 4 days! I think I'm about ready to take on something exciting.  Just thinking about it gets me giggly.

Thanks for stopping by- Alice

2 comments:

Nancy @ Everyone An Artist said...

Beautiful painting, Alice. Nice job using the fluid characteristics of watercolor to achieve the variations in the clouds. Very inspiring painting. Thank you for sharing

Alice Jo Webb said...

Thank you, Nancy.