Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Copic Markers, Part II or How I Use These Remarkable Tools

In looking for tutorials on how to use Copic Sketch Markers, all I could find were videos of cutsie stuff or manga art.  Not that there's anything wrong with that style of work, but I wanted to see if anyone is trying fine art with them to get a few pointers.  No luck.  So, I decided to see if I can to make them do what I want them to do.  And it's fun.  Very fun.  
Using only grays and earth tones, this piece is turning out very low key and quiet, so far. 

A few days ago, I drew this building from a photo in my archives (since I haven't had time to get out into any cool places for months) and let it sit around for awhile.  It just had to stew in the back of my brain for a few days.  Tonight I began to execute my plan- using only neutral grays and earth tones just to see if I can pull it off.   This is my stopping place for now, but it'll be fun to get back after it tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by- Alice

No comments: